All the triathletes and companions, of Challenge Madrid and Sierra Oeste Swin Challenge, can hire the parking service to park the vehicles on the 26th and 27th near the exit of T1.
The price of one place will be € 20 for caravans (including water and electricity), € 5 for vehicles and € 2 for motorcycles. The parking space can be purchased by picking up the bib number on September 26th. The organization will give them a sticker that they must put on the vehicle and that must be clearly visible to the access control personnel. Limited places
No, this service is only for the parking area that is located near the T1.
The triathletes who participate in Long Distance may leave the organization a bag with their bib number on the same day of the race (Sunday 27). This bag will be transported to the aid station located at Km 135 of the cycling segment. The delivery of this refreshment will be on Sunday 27 from 6:00 to 7:30 in the T1.
No, it’s only for triathletes who participate in Long Distance.
No, please do not include any item of personal value in this bag, being that when the aid station is used the organization will deposit all the bags in a recycling container. The organization is not responsible for the theft or loss of any object that has been left in it.
Yes, the organization will provide a personal refreshment in the run course, specifically in the aid station Powerade Zone 5, which is located at the intersection between Calle San Quintín and Calle de Bailén. For this, the triathlete must deliver to Challenge Madrid the document to authorize the entry of his companion in the Powerade aid station, the document must be:
- Sent to the ATTENTION OFFICE of the TRIATLETA: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered at the time of collecting the bib number.
The content of the Aid Stations will be sent to all registered through the newsletter for the month of September.
200 meters from the Playa Virgen de la Nueva, San Martín de Valdeiglesias.
On Paseo de la Casa de Campo 5, Pozuelo de Alarcón.
Yes, you must leave it in T2 on Saturday, September 26th once you have collected your bib number.
- The bike with the bib number sticker fixed.
- The helmet with yout bib number stickers fixed (one at the front and another on the left-hand side).
- Wearing the participant’s wristband.
- The green Street wear bag that will be transferred by the organization to the Finish Line at Puerta del Sol.
- The Bike transition bag (blue) with his numbered sticker on the outside and with the equipment you will need:
- COMPULSORY: helmet (it cannot be left on top of the bicycle, it must go inside the bag).
- OPTIONAL: cycling shoes and clothes (if you prefer to change), gels, water-bottles, sunglasses, sun cream, etc.
Do not have to go back to T1, the organization responsible for carrying all the bags left in T1 to T2 and Finish Line. That is, once the race is over you will find your bike bag in T2 and your Street wear clothes in the Finish Line.
Yes, T1 and T2 have private security 24 hours a day.
The T2 that is located in Paseo de la Casa de Campo 5 (Pozuelo de Alarcón) closes at 00:30.
The chip will be delivered on Sunday 27th in the T1 to the opening of boxes for the Long and Middle Distance.
Long Distance chips collection: 06:00 to 07:30
Middle Distance chips collection: 10:30 to 12:30
The chip will be delivered in T2 when the triathlete finishes the competition and collects the material.
Provision of Bibs
In the Official Hotel of Challenge Madrid located a short distance from the T2 in Pozuelo de Alarcón.
- A bib.
- A tattoo with my bib number.
- Two stickers with my bib number for the helmet.
- A sticker with my bib number for the bicycle seatpost.
- Two stickers with my bib number for the transition bags.
- A sticker with my bib number for the cloakroom.
- An identification bracelet.
- A swimming cap.
- Two transition bags plus the gift backpack.
- A green bag Wardrobe (other bags are not collected the Sunday before the competition).
- One ticket pasta party.
You have deliver the ID and the federal license in the case to be federated.
Transfer Finish Line – T2 (Sunday, September 27th)
You can contract with the additional payment of € 50 the following transfers:
- Bike transfer Sunday September 27th from the Official Hotel to T1
- Official Hotel at T1 on Sunday, September 27th
- T2 to Official Hotel on Sunday, September 27th (after picking up your material)
No, free transfers can only be used by the triathlete. Unless you hire the transfer package for companions for the price of 15€, which includes:
- Official Hotel at T1 on Sunday, September 27th
- T1 to T2 on Sunday, September 27th
- T2 to Official Hotel on Sunday, September 27th
Yes, the bicycles will be transported already assembled. Challenge Madrid works with a company specialized in bicycle transport company to perform these services.
Everything depends on the water temperature. The decision will be made by the Technical Delegate one hour before the start of the race.
Age groups: athletes of 50 years of age or older are allowed to wear neoprene regardless of the water temperature.
No, you can not warm up in the starting area or anywhere that corresponds to the swimming circuit.
Long Distance 2.400 meters.
Middle Distance 1.200 meters.
Throughout the cycling circuit the lane where the race will pass will be closed to traffic. The organization will place traffic cones between both lanes that will divide the roads into two. That is to say, never the vehicles will circulate in the lane of the triathletes.
Only time trial and/or road bikes are allowed. The use of mountain bicycles or hybrid bicycles is not allowed.
Yes, the use of bicycles with disc brakes is allowed.
No, they can encourage you, but not running with the triathlete.
Yes, 100 meters before the finish there will be a Meeting Point for family or companions who wish to enter the finish line next to the triathlete. Obligatoryly the companions must leave the enclosure once crossed the Line of Meta.
It is a competition for teams formed by 2 or 3 components. The competition will take place in Long and Middle. Normally the teams are made up of three people who complete one the swim segment, another the bicycle segment and the last the run segment.
- The chip is fitted to the swimmer’s ankle.
- When the swimming is finished, the swimmer goes to pits in the designated place where they will find the team’s bicycle. The cyclist will be waiting for them there already changed, with the bib on. The swimmer must pass the chip to the cyclist.
- When the cyclist finish their segment, he must go and leave the bike in the transition area, where the already-changed runner will be awaiting them. Once the bike has been hung up, the chip and bib will given to the runner.
- Once the runner has the chip and bib, he/she can start to run.
- 100 metres before the finish, the other team members can run alongside them and they can all cross the finish line together.
- Swimming cap (for the swimmer).
- A tattoo with the team number (only worn by the swimmer).
- One bib (the cyclist and runner exchange it).
- Two stickers for the cyclist’s helmet (one for the front and one for the left-hand side).
- A Chip with a neoprene band for the ankle (all members of the team must wear it). It will be used as a baton.
- Two transition bags with two numbered stickers (cycling and running) to leave the equipment in after each seg- ment. However, each relay team member may be already changed when their partner passes the baton.
- 3 wristbands (one for each team member).
The rest of actions (collection of numbers, check-in, chip collection, special aid station, etc.) is the same as for the rest of the participants.
Any person who wishes to participate, individually or by relay, in Challenge Madrid Long and Medium Distance, will be at their own risk and responsibility. In this sense, the participant must accept the responsible statement at the time of registering online.
The organization has vehicles that will go to the end of the race to pick up the triathletes that have been cut. The organization will withdraw the dorsal to the cut triathlete and it will be their option to use the vehicles that will take you to the T2. In case of not using it, it will be your own responsibility and you will go with open traffic without protection of the organization and Police.
IMPORTANT: if the triathlete is cut in the section that passes through the M-501 road It will be mandatory to use vehicles of the organization and it will be totally forbidden to stay in the race. Non-compliance will be subject to sanctions.
No, if you have a triathlon license you should not hire day insurance.
No, registration is personal and non-transferable.
Yes, the organization will send all lost items to the office (C/ Sánchez Pacheco, 47 – Dup. Local 2 28002, Madrid). The triathlete who wants to recover his material should go to the office or contact to email@example.com.
The organization will not assume the shipping costs.